Community development activities include:
- Basic Sanitation: potable water, public and private bathrooms, and sewage systems;
- Education: construction, expansion, remodeling, and/or equipping of new or existing schools;
- Health: construction, expansion, remodeling, and/or equipping of new or existing health centers;
- Human development training and leadership promotion;
- Institutional strengthening for local governments and institutions.
ICDF community development projects include a training process that helps ensure that local organizations have the capacity to effectively administer and maintain new infrastructures and services.